Monday, February 16, 2009

Un.

Dear Anonymous Readers,

Today I decided to create myself. My existence has been around for awhile and its about time I'm given a proper name and a pseudo-physical body.
I never liked the traditional concepts of gender and sexuality that play a role in human society today. Ideas and physiological characteristics like that limit the expression of the soul. There are always boundaries that are not meant to be transgressed because of them. These restrictions gives way for a safe and controlled growth of individual humanity. The end results are always the same. Mechanical. Uninspiring. Supposedly the reason I'm created is so that although such a bleak fate seems inevitable, there's a path for the mind to escape to. My physical body, speech, and actions must conform to the norms of society. No matter how strongly I disagree, I am not excused from ending up like them. At least by creating myself, I would save one part of me hidden  from the rest of the world, accessible to only me. My mind can still be saved.
So here I am. Constructed as a back up plan retain whatever uniqueness I supposedly have. On the other hand, my name, parallel to my distaste in gender roles is androgynous. Or at least that's how I thought it sounds like. So yes from today I will be known as Kei.

Didn't I just defy the natural laws? It seems not only God has the power to create. I do to.

I'm guessing that introduction to my so called creation was confusing and unrelatable. Weird would be a better word to describe it. My name and everything else I'm made up of pays homage to the authors and that has inspired me to be different from this monotonous world. I can relate to the loneliness from not being understood felt by the protagonists. Somehow it seems that the universal theme of all the works I have read is the prevalence of individuality in the mind. The characters are not able to act honestly to the real world and has to keep their rebellious thoughts to themselves.
I've felt that way too. The feeling of being caged. I was always left to entertain my thoughts on my own.

I would have shared them with others. But not everyone has the patience or the interest to put up understanding these things that the world choose to scorn at. They are probably the direct products of that safetrack growth and upbringing I loathe so much. Mechanical. Uninspiring.

I have this tendency of becoming physically tired after thinking. It looks like I'm only able to write short posts. This would be a nice place to stop.

Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment